Victorian regulations state that it is the Landlord’s responsibility to maintain smoke alarms annually in residential rental properties as set by the Victorian Building Authority.
Did you know?
- Smoke Alarms must be positioned in specific locations and tested as per Australian Standards
- 6 out of 10 smoke alarms in rental properties without this service do not operate correctly
- Smoke alarms have expiry dates and only last a maximum of 10 years
Below is a list of services we provide
- Assessment of locational positioning of alarms
- Simulation smoke test
- Decibel Reading
- Cleaning of all units for dust and debris
- Battery replacement in every smoke alarm
- Assessment of alarm expiry date
- $88.00 including Gst
- Unlimited call outs to the property for 12 months
- Unlimited replacements of both mains powered and battery-operated alarms if faulty or expired
- Unlimited installations of additional alarms where necessary to meet regulations
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon Monoxide (also known as CO) is a colourless, odourless, poisonous gas that displaces oxygen in the blood and deprives the heart, brain and other vital organs of oxygen. Large amounts of CO can over-come anyone in minutes with no warning signs. It can cause suffocation or unconsciousness or even death.
The residential Tenancies act 1997 requires that all landlords ensure gas heating appliances are properly maintained in their rental property and are safe to use.
- Test Completed by Licensed Technicians
- Compliance certification provided
- 24/7 Service
- Flat rate Cost
Here at ON CALL BASI our team of expert technicians provide the following services
- Clean Heater Unit
- Burners, Injectors
- Filter, Draft diverters
- Ration parts
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Check thermostat
- Test and adjust burner pressure
- Test for a negative pressure environment
- Test for Carbon Monoxide
Cost for Carbon Monoxide Testing
$188 + Gst
- Each additional heater will be tested at a discounted rate of $80 + Gst
- An additional charge of $39 + Gst is charged for compliance certification (if heater is decommissioned)